VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
hector galbraith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 12:16:50 -0400
Over the last few days I have been spending a lot of my time in various
of my breeding bird atlas blocks. The woods are heaving with singing
birds: thus far I have had 19 species of warblers, including parulas,
mourning, and blackpolls. This year, for some reason, canadas and
nashvilles are way more abundant in my blocks than in previous years.
Other fun items - female hooded mergansers shepherding fluffy young
around and lots 'o bobolinks in full display.

Hector Galbraith PhD
Galbraith Environmental Sciences LLC
837 Camp Arden Rd., Dummerston, VT05301
802 258 4836 (phone)