VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
David Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 13:09:05 -0400
What a glorious day in Pittsford.  Female Bluebird sitting on her eggs.  They should hatch this weekend.  Three female Tree Swallows building nests on my property. They are using nest boxes quite close to the Blue Bird's nest box.

A male Hummer flew past me towards the feeder this morning.   I heard the Baltimore Oriole's fantastic song in my large maple tree.  I then verified the bird with binoculars.

White Throated Sparrow singing all over the yard.  Purple finches at the feeder as well as Chickadees, Titmouse,
White Breasted Nuthatch, Hairy Woodpecker, Downey Woodpecker, Common Grackle and Starlings. I had a female Rose Breasted Grosbeak at my feeder yesterday afternoon.

On the ground by the house I have a Song Sparrow and Chipping Sparrow foraging.

Diane Pearson
Pittsford, Vermont