VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
David Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 08:23:40 -0400
Yesterday I had a male Baltimore Oriole's chasing another male across my property.  One arrived a few days ago and has been busy setting up his territory.

Also, a beautiful male Scarlet Tanager was singing in my old maple tree.

The (2) male Hummers are coming to the feeders regularily now.

I am still waiting for the Bluebird eggs to hatch.  It has been between 15 and 16 days since she began to sit on them.

Diane Pearson
Pittsford