VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jeannie Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 06:30:51 -0400
A neighbor, who knows I am a birder, is requesting help in getting a YELLOW
BELLIED SAPSUCKER to stop drumming on his house (the soffits and fascia of
his roof, right outside the bedroom I think).  He wondered if  plastic owls
might work...  Anyone have ideas?  The main issue for him is that this
occurs at 5am and it awakens his entire household...and of course, he does
not think this is very good for the wood.
Thanks.
Jeannie Elias
Fayston
PS He is not a birder, so it could be a downy or hairy woodpecker...but the
problem is the same no matter what woodpecker it is.