]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VBBA Home

VBBA  June 2006

VBBA June 2006

Re: Baltimore Orioles exposed 2006-06-11

shawn donovan <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:04:02 -0400

Text/Plain

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

This message reminds me: I saw a Baltimore Oriole in Brattleboro
along the West River on Rt 30 about three weeks ago. What a
beautiful song.
Shawn Donovan

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Roy Pilcher ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING
>
> This afternoon I tracked down the location of a nesting pair
of Baltimore
> Orioles in the village of Proctor.  The nest is in the crown
of a very  large
> maple that under normal circumstances would have been
impossible to see  from
> any vantage point on the ground.  However, with the almost
complete  defoliation
> of the tree due to the voracious appetite of the current
plague of  forest
> tent caterpillars, the nest was quite exposed.  One must
assume the  nesting