On Jul 2, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Karl Bridges wrote:
I'll need the instructions for setting up a sub-blog.
The posted instructions for doing that are apparently out of date.
Did you find the instructions on the "https://www.uvm.edu/~blogging"
site ... they are under FAQ (rather than HowTo)
1. go to http://NETID.blog.uvm.edu/mt/mt.cgi.
2. Look for
(a) On the Left is "MyWeblogs"
this takes you into individual logs. 1 or more should appear
(a) On the Right are System shortcuts
- click on weblogs
(1) this gives you a list of weblogs you have created
(2) on the right, above the list of logs, is the
(+) Create New Weblog
3. Then the configuration stuff can be filled in. MT 3.2 seems to
require only two of the pieces of local path information (there is no
choice for storing archives ...)
Here's the information for my "sandbox" blog. ...
Name your weblog. The weblog name can be changed at any time. ?
Site URL: (DEFAULT) https://NETID.blog.uvm.edu/
Edit the URL to delete the "s" from the "https"
(otherwise, users may run into funkiness when they access your site)
AND to include the "blog address"
Site root: (DEFAULT) /var/www/html/blogs/NETID/sandbox
Add the same "sublog" ID to this path
(Once the blog is created, these fields can be "tweaked" if necessary
- they are stored under the Blog settings panel's "Publishing"
options .. )
Happy blogging !