Hello Vermont Birders -
I am an educator and birder from New Jersey. Currently, I am working on a
project to help get more of our youth interested in birding. It would be very
helpful to get an idea of how other birders got their start.
While the project is not focused strictly on Vermont, it could potentially
have a positive impact on the birding community as a whole. I have been
receiving responses, along with positive feedback, from many different listserves
around the country. At this point, New England has been disporportionately
under represented due to my own error of submitting to all the lists.
Below is a very brief, informal survey relating to both your early days of
birding and any prospective young birders in your life. Please e-mail your
responses to me off-list at [log in to unmask]
1) How old were you when you were first introduced to birding?
2) Who "recruited" you into birding? (relation to you but feel free to
include name also)
3) Where were you living when you started birding?
4) What is it about birds or birding that hooked you?
5) Do you have any children in your life? (including nieces/nephews,
grandchildren, students, scouting troop, etc.)
6) If yes to number 5, what are their ages?
Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any other birders you think may
be interested in participating!
Thanks in advance,
[log in to unmask]