VTLEPS Archives

July 2006

VTLEPS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Julie Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:08:19 -0400
Yesterday (Sunday) I was surveying in the Newport area and found two
Silver-bordered Fritillaries in two different blocks (identified by
the silver rows below and above by the orange spots enclosed by black
along the margins). I haven't noticed them posted, so I thought I'd
give the heads up. I thought they were crescents until I caught one.
Also, there seem to be distinctly fewer butterflies up here than
southern Vermont, and less diversity.

-Julie