AIKIDO August 2006

Aikido Club

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:57:13 -0400

Hey everyone!

It's nearing the end of summer and I hope everyone enjoyed theirs.
This is the time that we should at least start to plan for next year.
But in order to continue any semblance of a club we need to raise some
money and maybe gain some new members.  The problem right now is that
we are starting from the bottom and our club can't really do much
without any money.  I have a couple of simple ideas, and if anyone
else has any ideas please tell us because any ideas will help.

One idea is a 50/50 raffle.  This may sound overdone, but it is a
prize almost everyone will like and we raise money at the same time.
The only thing we would have to purchase are the tickets.  If we use
one of the tables at the library or dining areas we can try and sell
some shirts at the same time.  Of course there are always various
versions of bake sales and other raffles we could do.  These would
just involve a little more donations from other members and possibly
outside groups.  I have an idea that adds on to the 50/50 raffle, but
I don't want to say anything before I talk to Sensei and hear back
from the rest of you.

Please email any feedback, ideas, and if you have the enthusiasm and
drive to help me get this club back on its feet.  And just a reminder
for anyone that may be new to this listserv, this club is supporting
people from UVM in their practice of Aikido by trying to financially
help students become members of the dojo.  By doing this, you can
practice more often and the hours are more flexible.  I hope there are
people out there willing to help continue this.

One last thing, even though the club doesn't have any money to help
students attend, there is a seminar on September 2nd and 3rd being
taught by Donovan Waite, 6th dan Shihan.  I know that is only a week
after classes start again, but anyone who would like to attend visit
the ACV website http://aikidovt.org and call and/or email the dojo.

Have a great rest of the summer and see you in a couple of weeks.

Danielle