SCHOOL-IT September 2006

Re: Net neutrality in danger - article

Vince Rossano <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:15:35 -0400

Steve,

You make some good points.  I have rebuttals for each of them - and,
for each of those, you would have  thoughtful counter-rebuttals, I'm
sure, but we've probably gone far enough for this email list.

As for McLuhan's book: your are correct that the title was "The Medium
Is the Massage", but the story goes that it was a printer's error; it
was really supposed to read "Message".  However, McLuhan found the "new"
title fascinating and let it be. I think, though, that McLuhan's
intended message was that "the medium IS the message."

Vince

>>> On 9/22/2006 at 5:51 pm, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]