AIKIDO October 2006

Last chance for the Aikido Club

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Oct 2006 20:17:52 -0400

Hello everyone,

Again, we need people to show up to meetings.  I tried to schedule a
meeting around people's schedules that replied to me, but the only
person who showed up just joined the listserv.  This is the one last
try that I am willing to give for now to redeem this club, but I
obviously can't do it alone.  I know there are interested people out
there and it is dissappointing that after the two notices I gave for
the meeting no one emailed me to say they couldn't make it because of
the time, location, or any other reason.  I  need to hear from you!

There is SO much we could do if we had money.  I know it can be
discouraging to many of you that we cannot do much in supporting
people for dojo membership and we arent doing much with the club, but
with a little effort we can do a lot more(or at least get ourselves on
the way to doing much, much more).  If we could fundraise some money,
we could: radically reduce monthly membership dues for the dojo (which
i know can be a big problem), pay for local ACV seminars, gear, get
the people who haven't done aikido before in on the introductory
series (which is 3 months), and even a seminar in Montreal! (how
exciting would that be??)  If we can get a group of motivated people,
there is a seminar in Montreal this spring semester that would be
amazing to go to, so I am not just talking about going to Montreal
abstractly.  That is just a short list of what we could possibly do if
we could get together and figure out how to work as a club and
fundraise some money.  Just imagine for yourself what you would want
to do if the club had money.  If everyone puts in a little effort into
this small club, a lot can be possible!

I've rescheduled another meeting for this next Friday on October 13th
(sorry, i just realized what day it was :)  ) in Billings Great Hall
(just as you walk in the front doors) for 3:30 again because those are
the times people told me for last time.  If you cannot make it, PLEASE
email me because I can ALWAYS change the date/time/location.  I tried
to make the location more convenient for everyone, but if it is a
problem I would like to hear from you.  This is the last effort I am
willing to put into this club, I just need other people willing to
communicate with me in order to make this work.

I hope to hear from all of you.  I do want to make this club work and
if I can get a group of people willing to work at it with me, then I
will put in a great deal more of time and effort to keep the club, but
I will repeat this, "I can't do it alone!"  I would like to hear from
all of you and I do hope everyone has a good week.

Danielle