AIKIDO October 2006

Campus Meeting Space Update

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:48:07 -0400

Hey everyone,

I still need to know the times that are good for everyone, so please
email them to me.  The unfortunate news is there are more logistics
about doing aikido as a group on campus than I originially anticipated
and I am greatly sorry.  I will work them out if at all possible so we
can get a space.  I didn't realize it would be so complicated (more
than just reserving the space) and I would like to apologize for any
presumptions I made.  But I am still committed to making it work, so
bear with me.

There is good news!  Rich has been actively talking with a connection
he has at a ski resort so we might be able to raffle off even a day
pass or some equipment rentals which would be a great start!  First
thing we need to do is to plan a bake food/healthy food sale,
everything else is in progress and might take a little longer.  Email
me if you would be willing to make ANYTHING for a food sale.  I might
be able to get a few more people to help with this, but the club
members need to make the first effort.  The lack of utilities isn't an
excuse because even living on campus i have access to one oven. :)  If
it would be easier for everyone, we can even have a night of baking
together, making batches of cookies or whatever.  What would be cooler
than sugar cookies with aikido related drawings?  A bake sale probably
won't happen next week, but it can happen the week after.  With the
ways things have been going it looks like we are just raising money
for next semester, so lets make a good start!

Also, getting any money from SGA will take some time, we have packets
to read and the people to talk to.  But hopefully it will all be worth
it.  I would also like to hear from the people who emailed me earlier
in the month who said they were interested but I haven't heard from
them since.  Just update me on your status with the club. :)

Who wants a movie night in November? Light snacks, drinks, and a
martial arts film anyone?  I could even try and find one mildly aikido
related (not Steven Seagal though, sorry).  Any suggestions or
requests?  That's all for now, have a good weekend.