]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AIKIDO Home

AIKIDO  October 2006

AIKIDO October 2006

Tomorrows Tent Sale: Raffle connection opportunity

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:48:37 -0400

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry this is late on a Friday night, but there is an EMS tent
sale tomorrow where we might be able to make some connections for a
ski pass or some ski rentals for a raffle.  Rich has been looking into
it and would go except he might not be able to because he is sick.  I
was hoping that there might be someone(s) willing to go tomorrow
during their store hours and talk to a representative there about a
donation.  It is adjacent to the barnes and noble before the umall area.

If someone does go to the EMS store, plan out what you are going to say.

Why we need their donation:  Our club has no money and we are trying
to lower the barrier of doing our martial art to the UVM community
(like other clubs like to do).  We want to do a raffle before Winter
break so we can start getting the club back together for next semester
and any little bit will help.  "we are asking you to donate some
services to us because we know there are a lot more people doing
skiing and snowboarding than aikido and we would like your help to
promote your store as well as help this struggling club" or something
like that.

Club ideals:  We promote nonviolence and a peaceful resolution to
conflicts (verbal and physical) and through our practice we bring
these values into our everyday lives.  It is a healthy physical
exercise like any other activity.

So if anyone can make it if Rich can't i would really appreciate it.
Or even during their regualr store hours during the week.  this could
work for any store you think might donate something, so be creative!
Think of things a lot of people would want and ask around seeing if
you can get it for the club!  That's all for now, have a great weekend!

Danielle