AIKIDO October 2006

This weeks club happenings

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:19:32 -0400

Hey everyone!

I hope no one is getting sick of my emails, but a lot of things are
happening and this is the only consistent form of communication with
you.

Ok, since I still need to look into the on campus aikido meeting
space, we can continue the Fitness Center/Aerobic group.  A group can
meet on Wednesday again at 4pm since that seemed to work with many
people, but if you want to find someone to go with feel free to use
this listserve to advertise your wish to go at a more convenient time
and you want someone else to workout with (I know it can be easier
when you have someone to go with).  I am not planning on going to the
group this week because of all the work I am having, but that doesn't
mean others can't go.  It is a good time to get to know other people
from the club and to get in better shape to train.  What I did this
summer and what I found helps with aikido are A LOT of crunches and
jogging/running to build up your stamina. If I can make it, i'll email
everyone tuesday and i'll bring some sliced oranges.  :)

I've also set a date for when we are having a bake sale.  Friday,
November 3rd.  I hope there are people willing to sit at the table and
to bake some goodies (either healthy or not so healthy :)  ) for that
afternoon.   I might be able to solicit some help from other people
but I need to have people from the club give an effort.  How long does
it really take to bake some cookies? :)  It doesn't have to be
complicated, just something edible and appealing.  So email me with
what you can contribute and if you can help Friday afternoon and what
times (so i know when and for how long i should reserve the table
outside of the library).  If anyone knows of a way we can get/keep
warm cider and/or hot chocolate in a larger quanitity let me know
because with the colder weather that may help boost sales (and if you
have any suggestions about location i'll take them too).

Have a satisfying week, and don't forget to enjoy it even when it gets busy.

Danielle