We are using TypeFaster, which is a Free OpenSource typing program.
http://typefaster.sourceforge.net/. Here is a quick review.
- Simple no frills
- The game mode is very popular.
- Teachers can customize the game words, and even the lessons.
- Free so students can install it at home and practice.
- Very networkable, and easy to set up
- Designed specifically for Schools.
- Would be nice to have some better student typing statistics. ie. words
- Needs more repeat lessons. Students usually go through lesson 1 several
times, but the pattern never changes. The easy solution to this is for
teachers to create several lessons.
Proctor School District
[log in to unmask]
Phs: (802) 459-3353 x2113
Pes: (802) 459-2225 x2018
School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I know this has been asked and answered, probably a lot...but we are
>shopping for new keyboarding program/software....Until recently we
>ahve been using an old old version of type to learn which had
>straight text based lessons without the arcade like bells and
>whistles.... we are trying out an online version of typing pal, from
>canadian company Demarque..... would appreciate any brief
>recommendations from those who like what they are using....... cost
>is also a factor....