]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MEDLIB-L Home

MEDLIB-L  October 2006, Week 1

MEDLIB-L October 2006, Week 1

"Beals, Brynn (Tacoma)" <[log in to unmask]>

Beals, Brynn (Tacoma)

Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:17:49 -0700

Please excuse cross-posting.  Thanks to all who sent examples (15 responses).  These will be very helpful.  Here is a summary of questions posed:

1. Demographic information
2. Timeliness
	*Was the information given to you in a timely manner?
	*Too late/later than promised/on time/earlier than promised
	*Within the promised delivery time/quick enough for your time frame?
	*Did your search arrive to you in a timely manner? Yes/no
	*Was it received in time to be beneficial?
	*Was the response time to your request satisfactory?
	*This information was received quickly enough to be of value (Rate 1-5)
3. Relevance
	*This information was relevant to the questions I needed answered (Rate 1-5)
	*Were the citations found by the Librarian pertinent to your topic?
	*Search results relevant to my topic: Yes/no
	*The information was relevant?
	*Did you get the results you needed? Yes/no
	*Were the results of this search relevant to your needs? Yes/no
	*The information was accurate and current?
4. Amount of information
	*Did you receive sufficient items relevant to your request?
	*Completeness (too few/too many/many irrelevant citations/satisfactory/good/very good)
	*Search results: too few/too many/just right
	*Does the attached provide enough information? Yes/no
	*Was the quantity of information supplied appropriate?
	*Was the information you received adequate/too broad/too narrow?
5. Value/Outcome of information
	*Was the information valuable?
	*Information contributed to: selection of medical tests/reduced length of hospital 			stay/avoidance of adverse medical consequences/department management issues/development of 	policies/procedures/diagnosis/treatment plan/in-service/continuing education/patient or 	family education
	*How did the information assist you: saved time/more informed decision/prevented 	"reinventing the wheel"
	*How did the information help you: saved time/more informed decision/competitive 	intelligence or benchmarking/prevented "reinventing the wheel"/direct cost saving
	*Evaluation of practice outcomes/improved QOL for patient or family/Interpersonal relations 	with patients/interpersonal relations with colleagues/standards of care/critical path 	development or care plan/legal or ethical issues/department, system-wide or other 	policy/practical technique
	*As a result of the information you received, did/will you handle any aspect of this type 	of care or clinical situation differently than you would have otherwise? 	Definitely/probably/probably not/definitely not/NA
	*Will you change something you are doing as a result of this information?
	*This information was needed for: patient care/management/current awareness/presentation or 	Grand Rounds/publishing an article/medical or nursing research/other
	*Will the information be useful to you for any of these purposes? patient care/patient 	education/hospital or department administration/professional knowledge/teaching or 	publishing
	*Having this information led to a better clinical or management decision (Rate 1-5)
	*I handled a case differently as a result of having this information (Rate 1-5)
	*Did the info. make a difference in your patient care decision/personal use?
	*Info. was of clinical value/contributed to better informed clinical decisions/contributed 	to higher quality care/not applicable
6. Overall Satisfaction
	*Unsatisfactory/satisfactory/good/very good
	*Please rate the value of the service that you received (Rate 1-5)
	*What is your overall level of satisfaction with this search? excellent/good/fair/poor
	*Satisfaction with library performance: speed of service/knowledge and ability of library 	staff/cooperative staff/overall performance (Rate 1-5)
	*Satisfied/Met/Did not meet
	*Totally satisfied/satisfied/somewhat met/met/did not meet
7. Open-ended questions:
	*How was the information used relative to our business?
	*Do you have any suggestions for better service/more references/another service?
	*Are there any books, journals or other items you believe the library should have?
	*Did the information help you to make any decisions?
	*Where would you have gone for this information if the [library] staff were not able to 	help you?
	*Did this information lead to a better decision? How?
	*Did this information help you meet a strategic objective? How?
	*Suggested improvements to the library's information services:
8. Results
	*Check all that apply: some info. was new/I could use some of the info. immediately/info. 	substantiated what I knew or suspected/info. refreshed my meory of facts or details/I 	expected to find something else/I need more information/I will share this with colleagues
	*The info. refreshed my memory of details or facts/substantiated prior knowledge of 	belief/provided new knowledge/was of no benefit
	*Information refreshed memory/substantiated knowledge/provided new knowledge
9. Savings
	*Did the assistance save you any time? How much?
	*Did the assistance save you any money?  How much?
	*How much time did this search save you? (1-10 min/11-20 min/21-30 min/31-40 min/41-50 	min/50+ min)
10.	Misc.
	*Searcher's understanding of the request: (did not understand/previous searches 	unsatisfactory but this one is OK/satisfactory/good/very good)
	*Will you use this service again?
	*Would you like the search redone?
	*Did the search miss any references that you found through other sources?
	*Were the materials copied from our collection useful?
11. Request for additional comments

Brynn Beals, MLS, AHIP
Library Program Manager
Franciscan Health System
St. Joseph Medical Center
1717 S. J Street
PO Box 2197
Tacoma WA 98401-2197
Phone: 253-426-6778
FAX: 253-426-6260

October is National Medical Librarians Month!
http://www.mlanet.org/pix/nmlm_06/web/mlaposter06_lg.jpg

The information contained in this communication is confidential and private and intended only for the use of the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this communication in error, please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return email.  Thank you for your cooperation.