]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AIKIDO Home

AIKIDO  November 2006

AIKIDO November 2006

Bake sale info and a different free Mat Time

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:51:45 -0500

Buon Giorno Everyone!

We had an excellent bake sale last Friday, we made $42 dollars and we
still have hot cocoa mix left over so we can easily just do that again
(now that it is colder).  We made a good profit for 2.5 hrs and
getting our club name out there.  If people want to do another bake
sale, let me know when they are available, maybe we can do it another
day, or even next Friday (before Thanksgiving??) or Thursday,
whenever. :)

Ok, I have some hopefully good news.  I disliked the Dance studio so
much that I decided to try the Gutterson Multipurpose room.  The times
are better! (the first plus!)  I reserved the space for this Friday,
Nov 10, from 3:15 to 4:45 (3:30 - 4:30).  Since I probably need to get
a key I will meet people at the entrance to the Fitness center and by
the front desk in the Gutterson building by 3:25pm and we can head off
to the room together.  I can't guarantee the quality of the room, but
I know there aren't wood floors (a second plus!).  Like I said before,
there aren't maqny open spaces with mats on campus so I am trying to
experiment with the available spaces until we find a home.  The floor
did look like it had those padded puzzle looking pieces for some
padding, but I don't know how much.  Maybe I can find some mats to put
on them if we find it doesn't work (like borrowing the ones from the
dance studio :)  ).

So that is this Friday, Nov 10th, meeting at the Front Desk in
Gutterson (like with the exercise group) at 3:15.  You can wear your
gis, or you can wear exercise clothes like sweats, just remember they
should be pants, not shorts.  Have a good week and I hope to see many
of you this Friday, you have the rest of the weekend to do work. ;)

Ciao,
Danielle