]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AIKIDO Home

AIKIDO  November 2006

AIKIDO November 2006

Free Mat Time tomorrow! (and independent study info)

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:43:00 -0500

Hey everyone!

This is a reminder that there is free mat tomorrow from 3:30 to 4:30
in the Gutterson Multipurpose room.  We will be meeting at the Fitness
Center/Gutterson Field House entrance by the front desk at about 3:15
if you don't know where the Multipurpose room is (there are signs all
throughout the building that can direct you if you go in through the
Patrick Gym entrance, just head towards the fitness center).  Remember
to drink and bring plenty of water, I know how unpleasant it is to be
dehydrated and try training, even less intense practice.

I also wanted to tell everyone that you can do an independent study
for 1 PE credit at the dojo next semester.  Unfortunately, only
seniors are able to do this for reasons I'm not sure of, but here is
the link to all the information:
http://www.uvm.edu/~pebasins/IndStudy.htm
Talk to Sensei if you are interested in becoming a member of the dojo
and getting UVM credit for it. :)  There is still the UVM class option
for those of you who feel like you can fit it in your schedule.

This isn't really aikido related, but it's important.  There is a free
Women's Awareness Self Defense workshop/speaker in Ira Allen Chapel
tomorrow at 6pm to 7:30pm, I hope some of you will want to make it.

I'm still trying to get information to see if we can get any money for
next semester and I might schedule another bake sale for the week
after thanksgiving break, or we might have the ok to sell something at
the saturday movies by then as well.  Anyways, I hope to see some of
you tomorrow (remember, if people don't show up or at least email and
tell me they are interested but can't make it, I won't offer this
practice time anymore), and have a safe night.

Danielle