AIKIDO November 2006

Hey club members

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:59:09 -0500

Hey everyone,

This is an email to inform everyone that I can't put the amount of
time and effort that I have been into a club that really isn't giving
a lot in return.  I really appreciate the people who have put in an
amazing and sincere effort into trying to keep the club alive: Claire,
Abe, Rich, James, Dan, Geoff (the advisor), and anyone else who I
forgot to mention who had a hand in helping the club this semester.
People haven't been emailing me or showing up to the practice time/gym
time that I have tried to arrange, and I believe that right now being
and "official" club is a lost cause when there are only a handful of
people willing to put in a sincere effort.  It's been hard to find
money and do you realize how many bake sales we would have to do to
raise enough money to support the club??

With that being said, I will say that I'm not quitting altogether (I
just can't or don't see a reason to continue with the SGA, raise
money, and to keep trying to build the club).  I can still meet people
who are members of the dojo for free mat time if anyone would like to
practice, but I'm not going to arrange it.  If anyone is interested
feel free to email me and I will send out an occasional email saying
when I will be down there.  We can also hangout as friends and watch a
martial arts movie (or maybe even one of OSensei). We can act as an
"unofficial" club which might be better, the only reason I wanted to
stay "official" SGA club was so we could get a budget with money to
help people with membership dues.  It still seems like a good goal but
right now we don't have the power to make it work (and anyone who is
motivated enough already said they would pay the dues anyway).

I don't want to leave anyone out so if you haven't been emailing me or
attending meetings and can't afford the memberships dues but are
interested, go ahead and contact me.  I'm just not going to put in
effort anymore if there aren't enough people motivated to see it
through.  In the middle of next semester I'll again try and see what
the interest in the club is and see if it is worth to try and get a
budget for next year and maybe fundraise some more, but until then we
are unofficial.

I'm sorry if this dissapoints anyone, but I hope you can understand
this difficult decision I had to make.  Have a great Thanksgiving
break and rest up.

Danielle