]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PARTNERSHIPGROUP Home

PARTNERSHIPGROUP  November 2006

PARTNERSHIPGROUP November 2006

Event for Partnership Students: Please READ

Mukhtar Amin <[log in to unmask]>

'06-'07 1st Yr. Partnership Students

Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:51:18 -0500

Dear Partnership Students,
         Even though we are well into the academic year we would like to
take this opportunity to welcome you to UVM and the Burlington
Community.  As a new graduate student myself, and Mukhtar as a new young
professional, we can relate to the newness of this university.  We can
also understand the importance of a successful transition.  There is
much information to take in and try to absorb while trying to navigate
through your new life as a first year student and all that college has
to offer.  With that said, let me just take this opportunity to remind
you that as a UVM student you are entitled to a wide array of services.
    We know that college is a big step in many people?s lives and that
it can also be intimidating.  That is why I, along with Admissions
Counselor Mukhtar Amin, are working together to create a new student
group that is specifically for partnership students. Our hopes are that
the coordination of this group will serve to assist our partnership
students in the journey through the 1st year. For this reason, we
thought it would be appropriate to have a partnership student social.
We will bring a few fun games to play and pizza and a few other treats
will be provided for you.  Mukhtar and I have decided on Wednesday,
November 15th, 2006 from 5pm-7pm.  The social will take place in the
Billings Chapel Conference Room which is located in Billings.  We look
forward to getting to know you all a bit more.  If you have any
questions please feel free to contact us by email at
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]   I look forward to meeting you
all.

Sincerely,

Sarah M. Childs                  Mukhtar Amin

Sarah Childs
Graduate Assistant
Center for Student Ethics and Standards
The University of Vermont