]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  November 2006

VTBIRD November 2006

University of Vermont's Coffee To Go Tour, Veracruz, Mexico

Jeanne Fossani <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:09:43 -0800

Dear All,

  I am writing in the hopes that you will join us and help us to promote our upcoming coffee tour. While this is not specifically a birding tour, there will be plenty of opportunities to observe some of the incredible species in this area; we will be visiting several of the same spots where the recent North American Ornithological Conference hosted its tours. Highlights include a visit to El Mirador, a beautiful rustic coffee shade farm where much of the native forest has been retained and many specialty birds can be observed. In addition, we will be staying for 5 days at Las Cañadas, a private protected area, maintaining and restoring hundreds of hectares of cloud forest offering excellent birding.
  We are very hopeful that this trip will be the first of many to come, making this first one super important to get off the ground. We feel the positive testimonials and word-of-mouth advertising will help future tours to sell themselves, but we'd love to fill this one in the very near future. There is a $200 discount for any registrations received before 11/15.
   We would be very appreciative of any assistance you can give to get the word out.
   Please feel free to contact me with further questions. Here go the details:
  Hello Coffee Friends,

I am pleased to inform you about an upcoming fun-filled, educational
working vacation to some of the earth’s most beautiful coffee farms and successful
  cooperatives in stunning Veracruz, Mexico. And it's filling up fast.

  This January 2007 adventure is open to everyone - coffee enthusiasts, coffee
  professionals, students, environmentalists and social justice activists - and
  takes place from January 17 to 24 at the height of the coffee harvest.

  UVM's Coffee To Go Tour is designed to give an overview of coffee as a crop,
  a culture, a commodity and a conservation tool. This tour offers a first-hand
  opportunity to experience Mexican coffee-producing culture and communities,
  while providing hands-on participation in day-to-day coffee-related projects with local families.

  Volunteers will enjoy a unique and meaningful service-learning travel adventure
  that is guaranteed to provide amazing memories and the deep satisfaction of knowing their efforts have contributed  to the well-being of the communities visited. Each participant will contribute directly to the community's economic self-sufficiency through a $100 donation included in tour fee.

  Accommodations are in comfortable hotels throughout the seven day tour.
  Register by Nov. 15, 2006 to save $200 on the price of the tour.

  Follow the link to view our promotional flyer and itinerary: http://www.uvm.edu/~advnturs and click on the Veracruz link there for trip details.

  Please help us to promote UVM's Fair Trade Coffee Tour by distributing this message to all who might be interested. Also, feel free to download & post.

  Please call 1-800-639-3210 or e-mail [log in to unmask] with any further questions.
  Please mention that you learned of this opportunity through me, Jeanne Fossani, co-leader for this exciting tour.

  Thank you for your support and help in spreading the word.

  Sincerely,
  Jeanne Fossani
  Earth Friendly Coffee Outreach and Education
  University of Vermont
Continuing Education
322 South Prospect Street
  Burlington, VT 05401

  Join us to experience the coffee corridor of Mexico -
  one of the most scenic, culturally & biologically rich regions on the planet. Come see for yourself what all the buzz is about coffee!

Jeanne Fossani
Earth Friendly Coffee Outreach and Education
University of Vermont
Room 120 Hills Building
105 Carrigan Drive
Burlington, VT
1-802-656-0409
05405-0082

"How rich will we be when we have converted all our forests, our soil, our water resources, and our minerals into cash?"
- Jay Norwood "Ding" Darling, 1938