]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIRD Home

VTBIRD  December 2006

VTBIRD December 2006

Re: "Searching for the penny under the streetlight"

Ellen Jareckie <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:19:09 -0500

Speaking of extensive id discussions, I am receiving differing opinions on species shown on my web site as possible Purple Finch, Uncrossed Red Crossbill, House Finch, and Pine Grosbeak. I have posted more shots of same bird in the hopes we can come to a consensus. If anybody wants to weigh in on "Name that bird", pictures are posted at bottom of Bird page at my web site  www.wildshots.net.  Suggestions for white patch behind beak have been offered as possible injury, partial-albino, or conjunctivitis of eye. Thanks,

Anita Mueller
West Woodbury, VT
Enfield, CT
www.wildshots.net