AIKIDO January 2007

BUDGET and money for this semester

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:21:22 -0500

Hello,

I am really trying to find reasons to give to SGA to reason why they
should give us some supplemental funding, but I need information from
you in order to make a convincing case.  So far I have heard from 6
ppl  which does help, I would like to hear if there is anyone else out
there who is thinking of joining the dojo this coming semester.

I know joining the dojo can seem daunting as the only way to join the
club, but I will try to make it so we can do other activities aikido
related.  Although training right now won't be included in free club
activities, I can schedule other things like a movie night or anything
else ppl can think of.  If you do want to join the dojo, you should
check out the newer/updated class schedule at www.aikidovt.org because
a couple things have changed including when the UVM PE class credit is.

An idea of something we could do/fundraise for is a seminar that looks
like it is sometime during Spring Break (either the first or second
weekend) in Boston at New England Aikikai.  This can give us time to
fundraise for a group of us to go if that is what some people want to
do.  We do have some money from the first bake sale, but we need to
start this now.  So if you want to go email me, call me, or come over
and knock on my door.

Also, there is the SGA club winter fair coming up February 7th (the
wednesday) from 10am-2pm, but I have classes from 1010-1205 and would
need someone to at least help set up, and hang out for an hour from
11am (when it actually starts) and noon until I show up.  If you can
person the table anytime from 10-2 on a wednesday then please email
me.  It could be a great opportunity for us to be seen and to recruit
new members to hopefully get the club back to where it was before.
This is REALLY IMPORTANT for us, our budget, and the survival of the
club.

So a list of what I want from you: information (about why you can't
join, why you didn't, when you did, how much you paid, any
suggestions, etc.), if you want to go to a spring seminar, personing
the table for winter club fair, and idea for club activites and/or
fundraising.  Please email, call, or visit me for anything, or to give
me any information even if it is saying you can't do something.  I
would LOVE to keep this club going, and if we keep improving like we
have been we might be able to have something.  It is getting better,
but we need to do things like this fair and other activities in order
to keep this going.  Sorry for the long email and I hope to hear from
you soon.

Danielle
411 Christie
8025229730