AIKIDO January 2007

Just a quick word

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:13:04 -0500

Ciao tutti,

I hope everyone's classes are going excellent so far.  I just wanted
to update everyone on how the budget is going.  I decided to cut all
of our requests in half since there is no feasible reason for SGA to
give us $10,000.  Here is a rundown on what I am asking for:

Monthly dojo dues for 10 ppl = $3150 ($35 per person per month)
            9 months (sept-may) would be covered
3 new members for each semester = $450  ($75 per person for 3 months)
            for introductor series- it's $160 for 3 months
Seminar for the fall = $500
             I said for 10 ppl, but whatever the amount is can be
dispersed among
               who wants to do it.
Seminar for the spring = $500
Equipment = $80  (Mostly gis, and you would have to submit a good argument
                    explaining why you would need help purchasing a gi)
Events = $100  The martial arts movie night(s) if we would have to buy the
                   copyrights

This brings us to a grand total of $4,780 request for the year.  I do
need to tell you that if we get any money, it definitely won't be this
amount, but I couldn't inflate our request or ask for too much.

On another topic, if I can't get someone(s) to sit at the table for
the Winter Club fair next wednesday (feb 7th) from 10ish to noon, then
we might not even be able to set up.  So if you possibly can, please
let me know.

I've been wanting to do another bake sale, but it has been too cold
lately.  What do people think of next Friday (Feb 9th)? Sometime like
1230-230?  It would be o/s of cook commons since i found a plug in for
the crock pot and I am free all day.

One last thing, I don't feel like I have enough reason to submit a
supplemental budget request.  If you want to train in March, or you
know someone who is attending UVM and training already, talk to them
and to me.  It's up to you to let people know about the Aikido club.
I am still planning on having a small get together and having a move
night for the club sometime this semester, and we could possibly go to
a seminar during spring break as well.  Stay in touch

Danielle