SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE February 2007

Re: Quackwatch -- Not so fast ....

Eric Entemann <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 18 Feb 2007 00:56:52 -0500

I ask again: What cases have Negrete and Bolen won against Barrett other
than defending against defamation suits?

My training is in the physical sciences, not medicine, but all the articles
by Barrett that I've read have the "ring of truth", whereas so many of the
claims of practitioners of alternative medicine seem just so much hogwash.

BTW, I greatly admired Linus Pauling, and I admit to consuming large amounts
of Vitamin C in the early 70s, but I think his work in that area has been
largely discredited by careful studies.

Is it not the case that Bolen promotes the outrageous quack Hulda Clark? I
would think that would cause one to think carefully about anything he has to
say about any medical topic.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jonathan Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Quackwatch -- Not so fast ....
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:43:21 -0500

Barrett has sued several dozen people, from naturopathic physicians to
chiroprators to dentists that refuse to use mercury amalgams to
manufacturers of homeopathic products (such as Boericke and Tafel, I seem to
recall). He just picks legal victims, apparently at random, and creates
havoc. He doesn't even claim that the people who he sues have caused harm.
He sues them because they exist.

He does not have a single article about any side effect of any
pharmaceutical medication, no articles about MDs who are cited for
malpractice. He only goes after alternative medicine practitioners.

Jonathan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Entemann" <[log in to unmask]>