Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  February 2007

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE February 2007

FURTHERMORE: Re: A Natural Answer to AIDS?

Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:09:32 -0500

At 02:43 AM 2/16/2007, you wrote:
>First, let's look at what the study actually found, and then what
>the NYT actually said, which I reproduce below. Interesting, but
>hardly an "answer" to AIDS, in fact a fairly modest effect. But
>these results have been used by the quack and charlatan Matthias
>Rath to peddle vitamins in South Africa as a substitute for
>anti-viral therapy, see the second link I provide.

 From the study itself:
"Multivitamins significantly reduced oral and gastrointestinal
manifestations of HIV disease. Other benefits included significant
reductions in reported fatigue, rash, and acute upper respiratory
tract infections.

Not exactly "a fairly modest effect". And if Matthias Rath is
"peddling vitamins in South Africa" at inexpensive costs, more power to him!