Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  February 2007

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE February 2007

Re: Mitchel's Marxism & the Environment talk now on-line

Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:35:52 -0500

My "position" on this is that I DON'T KNOW whether HIV is the cause
of AIDS, whether it is an inoccuous MARKER that comes along (some of
the time) with AIDS and that something else is the cause
(environmental pollution that mutates cells that produce viruses, for
example), or whether what we are calling AIDS is even the same
syndrome in Africa as in the U.S. and elsewhere. I DON'T KNOW.

What I do know are many people, including relatives and close
friends, who have died horrible deaths when they were put on AZT.

Yes, now the argument is that the triple RetroVirals are effective.
We'll see. I've heard that argument repeatedly for each and every new
pharmaceutical industry drug that comes down the pike.

It didn't help keeping drugs low cost in Africa when Clinton bombed
the only modern pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in northern
Africa, in the Sudan, did it?

Mitchel