Hello, Birders -
I have recently completed a project whereby I have collected all long playing records and many 78rpm records produced by Cornell University's Laboratory of Ornithology (from 1936 through 1989 when phonograph records were discontinued as a medium) and have transferred them to cd copies for the Lab's archives.
We are still seeking nine early 78 rpm sets, mostly by Albert R. Brand, to complete the project. If you possess any of these or know of their existence in any location, I would be grateful for any information.
1. BIRD SONGS RECORDED FROM NATURE (1931-Brand) One 12 inch 78 rpm record
2. NATIVE BIRD SONGS (1935-Brand) One 10 inch 78 rpm record
3. KIRTLAND'S WARBLER (1937-Brand) One 12 inch 78 rpm record
4. LEACH'S PETREL (1937-Brand) One 12 inch 78 rpm record
5. WILD BIRDS AND THEIR SONGS (1937-Brand) Two 12 inch 78 rpm records
6. BIRD OF THE NORTH WOODS (1938-Brand) Two 12 inch 78 rpm records
7. DO YOU KNOW THE BIRDS? (1940-Allen,Kellogg) Two 12 inch 78 rpm records
8. BIRDS OF THE EVERGLADES (1950-?) Two 12 inch 78 rpm records
9. JUNGLE SOUNDS (1950-Allen,Kellogg) One 12 inch 78 rpm record
Please send any responses to me, Arne Andersen, and Landmark College. [log in to unmask] Thanks- Arne