]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ACCESS Home

ACCESS  February 2007

ACCESS February 2007

Update to LGBTQ Visibility Day Feb. 15 - Meeting with Governor at 9:30am, please come!

access <[log in to unmask]>

ACCESS Info <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:04:23 -0500

  Good Morning Folks,

I have cleared my calendar and am planning on attending this event in
Montpelier next Thursday morning.

If anyone is interested in riding along with me, I'd be more than happy
to meet them at the park-n-ride in Richmond.

Just let me know. It should be a very interesting day.

dennis.

The legislative priority for this year’s Queer Visibility Day is the
Gender Identity Non-discrimination bill which now has a bill #, S.51.
The official bill title is “Prohibiting Discrimination on the Basis of
Gender Identity”. You can go to the Legislative website for more info.

It would be great to have lots of supporters of the bill to come to the
meeting with the Governor at 9:30am on Thursday, Feb. 15th. This is the
first meeting Governor Douglas has ever agreed to with our community for
Visibility Day, so we really need to show him how many and how powerful
we are. We can pass this law this year. Hope to see you there!

Please help us spread the word about LGBTQ Visibility Day, and
especially about our meeting with the Governor at 9:30am - let's pack
the State House. RSVP if you can, otherwise just show up!

--
_________________________________

Dennis P. DePaul
Assistant Dean
Division of Student & Campus Life
The University of Vermont
Phone: (802) 656-4634

This email and any files transmitted may contain confidential information
as protected by the Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA),
20 USC §1232g and/or Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
§§ 2510-2521. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete
it and notify me at [log in to unmask] immediately. Thank you.