AIKIDO March 2007

Free Practice Tomorrow

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:09:45 -0400

Hey everyone

Just a reminder that I, and hopefully others, will be at free mat time
at the dojo tomorrow from 4-530.  Unfortunately I am pretty sure you
need to be a member of the dojo or in the UVM credit class in order to
go, I am sorry about this.

There will be a bake sale next Thrusday from 1230-3 in front of the
library.  I was that we could do healthier snacks as an alternative to
bake sale if that is possible for anyone.  The women's rugby team
scheduled a bake sale at another table as well so I was trying to
think of a way for us to be distinct.  (Since Thursday is the only day
I can really do a bake sale easily).  I was going to buy pretzels and
put them in individual bags to sell as well as the ginger snap cookies
again.  I also have the hot chocolate and green tea.  If anyone can do
anything, please tell me.

I did have another idea for fundraising this spring before the
semester ends.  I really like this idea and I REALLY want others
opinions on it.  We can use the profits of this bake sale to buy what
we need for this (although it shouldn't be much). We could do a plant
or flower sale.  Here is what we would do, we would buy some seeds for
flowers, some soil, and some dixie-like cups.  We would put it all
together the weekend before, water them, and sell them that week.  I
wasn't sure if we should wait until they are seedlings (assuming
someone has a GREAT place to keep them) or sell the containers.  I
like this idea because Spring is now officially here and if would be
nice to celebrate it.  So let me know what you think of this and what
you are willing to do to help.  See you tomorrow and have a good
weekend.

Danielle