AIKIDO March 2007

Budgets are back!

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:05:25 -0500

Hey everyone,

Sorry about being so quiet lately, you know how things can get. It's
the beginning of the month again so if you want to start training
again, now is the time to start. I apologize for not being ready with
a little bit of money to help for this month, I have no excuse except
my scattered mind.  Who wants to train for next month? in april?  I
can get some fundraised money over to help, maybe $10 or $15 a person
(that would mean $60 or $55 for the month).  You just have to let me
know if you are going to train.

Ok, the budget is kind of exciting.  We of course didn't get the full
amount, but we did get something: $700 total.  And we recieved $100
for a public movie night at CCTheater, the money would be to cover the
copyrights of anything we show, and we can have it be free and sell
popcorn, or we can charge a couple dollars for admittance.  The other
$600 is to support members training dues for both semesters.  This
doesn't seem like a lot, and it isn't, but we do have that $450 of
fundraised money we can put toward that as well.  I'm probably not
going to appeal it since I feel like we can manage and for the status
we are at, they gave us a fair amount.

I was thinking now that is has warmed up to at least 20 degrees, we
can have another bake sale.  I don't know what times work for
everyone, but I am free all of Thursdays until 330.  Let me know if
11-2 or 12-3 works for anyone to come over and help out, bake
something, or buy something.  We can do a few of these before the end
of the year to start fundraising for next year.  Let me know by Monday.

I also want to know what are other peoples interests.  I'm just trying
to expand what the aikido club can do and if I know what issues or
other clubs people are a part of then I might get a better idea of
where to go.  If  you consider yourself a part of the aikido club,
please take 5 minutes to write and tell me quickly other clubs you are
in, what public issues if any you support, your major, what year you
graduate, and anything else about yourself that you think is
interesting.  I'm sorry this email is long again, and I hope you read
this far.  If these emails are too long, let me know so i can break
them up more.  Have a good weekend and know Spring Break is closing in!

Danielle