AIKIDO March 2007

Bake Sale and other info

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:06:22 -0500

Hey everyone!

I've set up a table in front of the Library from 12:30-2:30/3pm on
Thursday for a Bake Sale.  It would be awesome if you could get a box
mix and quickly make something; you can borrow the cookware you need,
little ingredients or even a kitchen from a friend for a day.  I know
where I live in Christie hall, we have a kitchen and there is usually
some sort of cookware/baking sheets in there that you could probably
wash, use, then wash again.  You can make anything  that can be easily
sold from a table, so be creative (it doesn't have to be baked)  We
will try and do hot chocolate as well as some tea (preferably I'll get
green since any leftover I'll drink it anyways) again in the crockpot.
  Since we are just going to have hot water in the crock pot, you can
think of anything we can sell that can be mixed with hot water
(instant coffee for example, just remember to get sugar packets from
the dining hall).  I'll have a tiny bit of milk in case anyone wants
milk with their hot chocolate.  We also need people to sit at the
table for a half hour, an hour, the entire time, or however long so
let me know if you can.

Also, if you know of anyone who is already a part of the dojo and goes
to UVM, but isn't a part of the Aikido club, it would be wonderful if
you could talk to them about us.  Tell them about what we going to do
next year and that it would benefit them, or at least save them some
money, to become a member of the club.  Also just talk to anyone who
is in or who has taken the UVM credit class who is really pumped about
Aikido.  After we get back from Spring Break, anyone who is a member
of the dojo or a part of the UVM credit class can set up a time for a
few of us to meet during a free mat time at the dojo once a week.
I've seen a few people on a Friday afternoon, and we can help each
other train.

So, Bake Sale, Thursday, library entrance, 12:30-2:30ish.  Bake
something, be there, or both.  :)  Have a good week.

Danielle