VTBIRD Archives

March 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Will Raup <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:46:26 -0400
What is the status of Barnacle Goose in Vermont?  In New York, reports are
generally accepted but are always categorized as 'origins uncertain'.  I
know of one case of a Barnacle Goose killed in Ontario, which had been
banded in Scotland, rasing the question of natural vagrancy.  Any thoughts?

Will Raup
Albany, NY
www.pbase.com/cabbage_hollow