VTBIRD Archives

March 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Susan Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:43:44 -0800
Ruth Stewart's post reminded me that on Saturday,
while watching the snow buntings in Rutland Town,
two of us thought we heard a killdeer, but
chalked it up to momentary insanity. We heard it
quite clearly. Is there any bird (starling?) that
might mimic a killdeer?

On a happy note, the Cooper's hawk we saw looking
out the wire-covered barn window was back
outdoors in pursuit of prey.

Sue Elliott

Need Mail bonding?