VTBIRD Archives

March 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:06:29 -0500
A shrike expert once told me Shrikes sing their jumbled-up, catbird-like
song year-round to do just this, attract other birds within striking
range.  But this is the first time I've heard anyone tell of actually
seeing that happen.  Nifty sighting!  I've also never seen an adult
mocker be the pursued instead of the pursuer, come to think of it.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Jane