VTBIRD Archives

March 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Julie Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:59:34 -0500
Yearning for some more play-time in the snow, I headed up to Victory
Bog today. It was snowing off-and-on and was quite windy, so not many
birds were around (or at least they weren't vocal). Part of the trail
had been packed down by someone earlier in the day, but I enjoyed
breaking through the recent foot or more of powder to the dam below
Bog Pond. Incidentally, it was out near the old logging road/stone
foundation where most of the birds were active. The White-winged
Crossbills were chirping away as they foraged on the few remaining
cones, while the Pine Siskins were busily singing from their perches.

-Julie

Location:   Victory Basin IBA
Observation date:   3/18/07
Notes:   Snowing off and on, strong winds of 15-25 mph.
Number of species:   5

Black-capped Chickadee   2
Red-breasted Nuthatch   1
Purple Finch   1
White-winged Crossbill   5
Pine Siskin   4

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2
(<http://www.ebird.org>http://www.ebird.org)