MENCUVM Archives

April 2007


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
William Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:26:56 -0400
text/plain (40 lines)
Hey Yvette,
The current meeting time works well with me or Wednesday around the  
same time.  About fundraising, we should not do any more soup sales at  
the library. I don't think that $30 is an acceptable income when  
considering the amount of work, effort and money to bake or buy the  
food and for an average of three people standing out in the cold for  
four hours. If members of the group expected to get reimbursed, we  
wouldn't make any profit. Bake sales at concerts do not sell as much,  
but they are far less work to organize and to prepare for and they  
reflect well on the department. I think they are still worth doing  
especially at larger concerts with lots of parents. We should look  
further into larger fund raisers (pre-ordered candy or other stuff).  
April 20th works for me to meet with Castleton, I would prefur a  
Friday night rather than a school night. Have a good night....Great  
job jazz ensemble!!


Quoting Yvette Michelle Courtemanche <[log in to unmask]>:

> SO, I've decided NOT to have a meeting this week. I've only heard back
> from a handful of people about the 20th of April to meet up with
> Castleton, and I still haven't heard anything from the rest of you. I
> also do not know if you are all interested in changing the  meeting
> times. I was disappointed with the last meeting. Do we need a new
> meeting time? (Rachael, we need to minutes out ASAP). Everyone needs  
> to send me an email with the following information (even
> if you already told me some of this, please send another Email)
> 1.) What time is a good meeting time/ meeting day for the rest of the
> semester?
> 2.) What do we want to do for fundraisers THIS SEMESTER?
> 3.) Can you go on April 20th to Middlebury to meet up with Castleton?
> 4.) IF NOT, when can you go?
> I understand that the band dress rehearsal is next Friday. Is that
> going to be a problem if we want to go to Castleton? We can plan for
> 7:30, and leave right after rehearsal. What do we think? I need some
> imput.