Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCHOOL-IT Home

SCHOOL-IT  April 2007

SCHOOL-IT April 2007

Spring • Tech update May 3rd

"Bryan-St.John Schofield" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:50:25 -0400

* * * * * * * * * *  Apple Spring Tech Update Seminar * * * * * * * * * *

You are cordially invited to attend the K-12 Apple Technology Update on May
3rd in Montpelier,Vermont. at the Capital Plaza Hotel. The seminar starts
promptly at 9:00am and run until 3:00pm.

To REGISTER via the Web, please enter the following URL:

http://edseminars.apple.com/NETechupdates

Please note, we are now using the Apple Seminars & Events registration
system.  If you don't already have an account, you will need to create one
to register.  Thank you for your patience as we migrate to the new
registration system.

Agenda
-----------

Welcome

Apple Product Update and Announcements:  This session will focus on the most
recent product and technologies introduced since our Fall Update.
      (Presented  by Dan DelVecchio, Sr. Systems Engineer, Apple Computer)

Mac OS X  (Leopard Server & Client):   This spring Apple will release the
next major revision to the Mac OS X operating system.  This session will
focus on the major new features and services in Mac OS X Server.  Mac OS X
client, especially features relying on Leopard server, will also be
reviewed.
      (Presented  by John or Dan  Apple Computer)

Break
³To Pod Casting and Beyond²
iPods in Education: See. Hear. Learn on the go.
Apple enables educators to expand their curriculum to meet the mobile and
media-rich learning styles of todayıs students. iPod extends teaching and
learning beyond the normal classroom hours, allowing students to easily and
continuously learn.
            (Presented by Bryan Schofield AAEA/AECS)

Apple Software and Volume Licensing Update and Q&A:  The Apple regional
Education Software Manger will be joining us.
      (Presented by Ken Baker)

Lunch

Tip of Day: You'll just have to wait and see what Bryan has planned for us
this time!

 Virtualization on the Mac - Parallels, VMWare, BootCamp and other
solutions:  If you have ever found the need to occasionally run a Windows
application on your Mac or if you have the need to run a Windows application
until you can find a suitable Mac OS X application to replace it, this is
the session for you.  We will be discussing and demonstrating a variety of
solutions that runs on the Mac platform.
      (Presented by John Lemansky, Sr. Systems Engineer, Apple Computer)

Tech Tips panel discussion:  I have asked three Systems Engineers, who focus
much of their time supporting Apple technology in schools, to answer your
questions.  Please email your questions prior to the event to
[log in to unmask] You may also ask your questions the day of the event.
     (Presented by Mark Gabrenas (Flexible Business Systems), John Lemansky
and Dan DelVecchio  - Sr. Systems Engineers, Apple Computer) Moderator Bryan
Schofield AAEA/AESC
Raffle and Closing - Must be present to win

Schedule:

8:30-9:00 am - Registration
9:00-3:00 pm - Presentation and Demonstrations

           Apple Spring Tech Update Location

The Capital Plaza Hotel
www.capitolplaza.com
100 State St