]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  April 2007

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE April 2007

Re: Len Radinsky (1937-1985) & nostalgia

Eric Entemann <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:47:37 -0400

Thanks for that thoughtful essay.  And I like the slogan!

I was remembering the Union Square, Somerville location followed by the
Central Square, Cambridge location for the SftP office after the initial
move from Walden St.  Was the first move to a Cambridge address also?  We
used to do typesetting in the later '70s in Mission Hill back in the ghetto,
not far from where I work now, and not that far from the original Walden St.
house.  It was in a dilapidated building, partly burned out, where Ray
Valdez worked.  He did most of the typesetting; several of us chipped in,
but were much slower and made a lot more mistakes.