]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Home

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE  July 2007

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE July 2007

... on Cuba's Self Criticism, and here in the US

Tadit <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:00:01 -0400

> What do list members think of the tough question of what is to be done
> about agricultural production when both food and fuel prices are going
> up and Washington is putting pressures on banks to exclude Cuba from
> the international financial systems?

	Much of the political and economic elite has been operating in the
virtualized realities of neo-classical economics and manifest destiny as
theologies that they seem entirely devoted to those same delusions. That
the whole society seems to be composed in layers of a managerial ideology
in service to neo-classical and imperial ideologies, we seem to have the
most massive, in terms of potential harm, devotion to trained incapacity
possible. There is no string or bread crumbs leading back out of this
particular maze, in fact when dissent or a truly different perspective is
offered the first response is to wall off and exclude the source. AND the
same pattern is like a holgram, able to replicate the same pattern/image
even when it is fragmented. The primary speculation is that their regime
is sustainable.

	It is also a fact that people are more open to collaboration and even
change when they have been sufficiently stressed. It has been also
observed that social movements are not led by vanguardist ideologues, but
by groups and individuals who are truly targeted with suppression,
oppression, and unabstracted harm. In this context the US has done Cuba a
great service while attmpting to further oppress them as a nation, a
culture, and as an economy. Walter Davis describes the condition where
people actually are ready to move forward and engage reality as "tragic
readiness."

	That nominal progressives in the US are more intent on pettiness and
posturing, than in substantive collaboration is only an indication that in
general the US as a population is not yet even near the necessary turning
point toward a readiness born out of tragedy, is our great loss actually.
Perhaps it has been too long since we knew how. More energy seems to be
devoted to perpetuating command and control structures under 51 flavors of
self annointed vanguardist ideologies. That our politicians are more
dedicated to political triangulation to accomodate the the comforted
psychoses, rather than listening and taking up an informed vision is also
our loss.

	On the not so small issue of ending the perpetuation of the predatory
capitalist empire, in the absence of the polis, points of disagreement
often are allowed to impede an open process, which then declines into
competition between proprietary domains of self righteousness to sustain a
sense of self worth. US nominal "progressives" have not reached a point of
tragic readiness by their sheer investment in their personal self
importance and privilege. It is tragic to observe that the US nominal
progressives are only a simple reflection of the same corporatist culture
in its own favoring of command and control structures even at the most
pitifully small and local scale.

	That Washington is pressing with the only agenda and small set of
strategems that they know, both despite and because of very serious and
looming challenges, is only a demonstration of the fear and self limiting
ignorance of our political and economic elites. That these desparate
efforts are to sustain the exploitation of others, it really our loss.
That the majority of US progressives seem suplinely complicit and
unwilling to even do the self education to amend or restore authentic
democratic outcomes describes an enabling that is self righteous by fiat
without any sense of practice, it our great loss. That within the so
supposed local progressives we have such a surplus of fraudulent and
counterfeit organizations, seems only possible by our general inability to
know sand from water, metaphorically speaking. That we have so many
elitest "communicators" and power seekers without any sense of an informed
problem solving approach will shortly, I think, be the source of our
tragedy and the collapse of the Imperial Ideology. There really is no self
criticism possible in the presence of the all too familiar hyper-inflated
ideologies, at least where I live.