CBD evolves into new organization: ICE

Rosalind Renfrew <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:34:31 -0400

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Atlasers,

I apologize to those of you who may have already heard the news via
the VTBIRD listserv...

I'm am excited to announce that as of Sept. 1, we at the VINS
Conservation Biology Dept. will have a new identity, independent of
VINS: the Institute of Conservation Ecology. Our Director Chris
Rimmer explains more below in a note he sent today to the VTBIRD listserv.

I will continue to direct the atlas, and the only change you will
notice will be my contact info. I look forward to what I expect will
be a seamless transition. For now, please continue with data
submission and communications as you always have. I will alert you
via this listserv of upcoming changes in contact info. as Sept. 1 approaches.

And now...back to those last few confirmations!

Best,
Rosalind

Greetings Vermont birders -- some of you may have heard by now that
the VINS Conservation Biology group has decided to separate from the
mothership and forge a new identity. As of c. September 1, we will
officially be the Institute of Conservation Ecology (ICE), operating
as an independent nonprofit group. Other than hanging a new signpost
outside our door (we expect to be temporarily located in White River
Jct), little will change. Our mission and mix of programs will
remain as is, while our commitment to avian conservation and
Vermont's birding community will be stronger than ever. We look
forward to continuing our work with many of you "citizen scientists",
and we plan to become more directly involved in birding-related activities.

This is a very exciting development for us and in no way signals an
unhappy departure from VINS. We may well retain an affiliation with
VINS and an active role in helping inform their educational
programs. This is truly a win-win situation.

For now, the entire Conservation Biology team (Steve Faccio, Eric
Hanson, Julie Hart, Dan Lambert, Kent McFarland, Roz Renfrew, and
Chris Rimmer) will remain under the VINS banner. All of us will be
making the transition to ICE, and we look forward to continued
participation in the rich, often entertaining, exchange of
information that flows across this listserve.

Onward and upward.

Chris