VBBA July 2007

Block inquiry

Rhonda <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:47:23 -0400

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Who is covering the block that includes Silver Lake near Middlebury/Salisbury? I came upon a scarlet tanager family, the female was very disturbed as she was loud and insistent but unseen.  As I sat there waiting to see what would unfold, the male landed on a nearby branch carrying food.  Out of the tops of the trees swooped down a barred owl being chased by the angry female tanager.  It was a very cool experience and wanted to tell whom ever is covering that block, if anyone.

Happy trails,
Rhonda

Care2 make the world greener!

http://toolbar.Care2.com  Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).