AIKIDO August 2007

A little more info

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:40:11 -0400

Hey people,

School is getting close and I hope you are all starting to get ready
(mentally and physically) for the start.  If anyone wants to train for
september at the dojo you are going to have to let me know.  Just
reply with your nameEven if you are new to the listserv and to aikido
you can start. There is an intro series starting at the beginning of
every month, which comes at a better deal at $160 for 3 months instead
of $70 a month (which is a little less than $55 a month).  With the
discount the club is willing to give, it will count for people just
starting to train as well. That will take $15 a month off still making
it $115 for 3 months.  I would say that's a very good incentive to
start if you have been thinking about it.  The intro classes are
Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5:30 to 6:30pm.

Ok, I will still need committment from people for the first year
picnic next saturday august 25th and I wish I had more information but
the organizer hasn't supplied me with any.

A new piece of exciting news is that we have $100 dollars to do an
Aikido movie night.  This isn't just a club movie night, but it can
hopefully be seen in the CCTheater.  It can be for free or a
fundraiser and I will need help organizing that as soon as possible.

It might feel early, but there is the 10th anniversary seminar for
Aikido of Champlain valley and I think it would be great if we could
get a group of club members to attend. Its October 26th-28th.
Seminars do cost more, but we have a little extra money ($50 each
semester) to help and its still early enough to plan a fundraiser to
raise a little more cash.  So keep this on your calendar.

I know this is different from previous years of what the club has done
and it does cost money now but I am working hard to keep aikido
accessible (financially and a more available schedule) for any who
want to do it.  If we do good this year, increase our member size, and
act like an organized club, we can recieve more money and make it even
easier.  I am asking for your help at the beginning of this process to
try and make this club a success for the future.  Again, if you have
any questions, concerns, comments, or ideas for the club please email
me.  Have a good rest of the week and until the next email,

Danielle