I've just received this from EWB-USA.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Welcome back! Projects monthly e-mail
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:43:53 -0600
From: MJ Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: Projects <[log in to unmask]>
Dear EWB project volunteers and chapter leaders,
Greetings from your Projects staff at EWB-USA! We have four pieces of
very important information for you to look over this month.
1) _The new 507 Trip Report, 806 and 807 Presentations formats have
As students head back to school and work on your projects pick up again,
at the national office, we're modifying the 507 Trip Report into an
easier, simpler process for reporting information! This new report is a
comprehensive document that will include lots of details to minimize the
amount of redundant reporting you have to submit to the EWB-USA project
managers, the Technical Advisory Committee, and the Project Liaisons.
The reasons for this report are to:
* Decrease the amount of redundancy in reporting information to
* Decrease the amount of effort required of the chapter and all
reviewers to remain informed of project details.
* Consolidate the technical information so it is more comprehensive
and easily accessible to all viewers.
* Eliminate the extensive 507 Post-Assessment report
* Increase the quality of technical information presented to the TAC
for the implementation.
* Replaces the 806 Assessment Presentation
The new 507 Project Design Compendium is posted online on the Projects
Downloads <http://www.ewb-usa.org/ProjectsDownloads.php> page. Please
take a look at it and begin to use it for your next submittal for an 806
Assessment Presentation, 507 Assessment Trip Report, 807 Implementation
Presentation, and 507 Implementation Trip Report.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments by contacting a
project manager: Meg [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or MJ
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
2) _Project Process:_ We need your travel information at least 4 or 8
weeks prior to your departure date for assessments and implementations,
respectively. Check out the Project Process
<http://www.ewb-usa.org/ProjectProcess2.php> webpage for information on
what to do prior to your team traveling. Please look at the TAC & Travel
<http://app1.ewb-usa.org/TAC&Travel.php> page for important deadline
information. If you have questions about the process, please do not
hesitate to e-mail or call the office.
3) _Fall Workshops:_ EWB-USA will be having (4) regional fall
workshops. For more information, please see this webpage:
4) _Assessment Checklist (505):_ EWB-USA has developed an *assessment
checklist <http://www.ewb-usa.org/ProjectsDownloads.php>* to help
chapters in their quest to obtain all the necessary information for
Meg VanSciver, MJ Jones, & Tammy Wergin
This is a general e-mail to all the chapters. **
Mary Jean Jones
Project Manager, Liaison Director
Engineers Without Borders - USA
1811 Left Hand Circle, Suite A-1
Longmont, CO 80501
(303) 772-2723 x118