VTBIRD Archives

September 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Cynthia Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:00:40 -0400
Yesterday, a flock of maybe 10 turkeys and 1 or 2 juveniles in my woods.
Also a Ruffled Grouse that I used to see a lok in the spring, same area
behind my house. (I assume it's the same bird...). He had his ruff up...an
alarm reaction?

(Also yesterday a doe and her fawn in back woods/yard....see the doe often
but not the fawn...)

Tufted Titmouse came to my feeder for the first time since spring also.  And
a Black-Throated Blue warbler paid a brief visit. Other warblers passing
through-  immature Chestnut-sided, and immature Magnolia and imm. B+W.   Fun
times in the woods!

Comments on i.d.s are welcome. I hope to add more as time goes on.

http://www.pbase.com/creaturekinships/fall_warblers_in_vermont

Cindy Crawford