VTBIRD Archives

September 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Cynthia Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 11:16:42 -0400
Have not seen "my" Broadwings since I posted photos in August, but this AM
(10:30ish) two were circling above my house and calling. Glad to know they
are still around though not sitting by the roadside posing for us anymore.

By the way- a few people suggested these were Cooper's Hawks from viewing my
photos. I got a very nice note (with a lengthy explanation) confirming my
identification that these are indeed Broad-wings, so I feel confident that
this is the correct ID.  Thanks Tom! I"m surely no expert, but I did put a
fair bit of time into researching this i.d., especially their calls.
I've added some photos (very good) taken by my husband , and this is a
different bird found in the same place, so we know there are at least 2.
(Chapel Hill Rd. North, Norwich, Vt.)

http://www.pbase.com/creaturekinships/broadwinghawk

Cindy Crawford