VTBIRD Archives

September 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 17:06:19 -0400
Nice photos, Jeff!
Here are my thoughts:

Images 1-3:  Baird's Sandpiper, with pale face, elongated look with long
primary projection, white-fringed scaled look to its back, and overall
buffy color. These look like juveniles, based esp. on the second image

Image 4:  Yellowlegs, probably Lesser, but hard to say w/o a size
reference. Poorly defined streaking on the breast suggests juvenile to me.

Image 5:  Semipalmated Plover. Again juvenile, here with black bill,
brown breast band, and white flecks on its crown.

Spencer Hardy, Norwich