VTBIRD Archives

September 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
DS Rolnick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:29:19 EDT
At about 1:00 this afternoon, a massive flock with about 20 warblers swept in
a spiral in front of my house and through fields and woods.   I followed the
flock for about 45 minutes, only rarely getting good looks at the birds, due
to the mist, the leaves and branches and things, and the high level of the
treetops in many places.   This is what I identified (counts for the warblers are
probably very low):

Blackpoll Warbler - 2
Bay-breasted Warbler (probable) - 1
Magnolia Warbler (probable) - 1