Re: another optics question

jane <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:09:35 -0400

Just a suggestion-- the way I've always decided what optics to buy is to
hang out where there are other birders and/or go on organized field
trips and just ask everybody what they use and how happy they are with
them and ask to swap binos for 10 minutes.  People generally love to yak
on and on about their optics and are usually quite willing to let you
have a look, especially if they like the ones they're using.

I'd also suggest that if you ask the the sales people at Eagle for
recommendations, tell them what kind fo birding you mostly do and give
them a general sense of what bugs you and what you like in binos, they
know birders and optics so thoroughly that they can usually make
terrific suggestions.   Worth noting that the last I knew, anyway, they
were on straight salary, not commission, so they don't pressure
potential customers to spend as much money as they can squeeze out of them.

Jane
(Shoreham)