Font:

LISTSERV Archives

AIKIDO Home

AIKIDO  October 2007

AIKIDO October 2007

Re: Bake Sale Recipes!

Hannah Christine Reithinger <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:57:08 -0400

Hello everyone!

I think the Kasutera (sponge cake), Japanese Persimmon Bread, and
Daigakuimo are all good ideas... they sound more or less
straightforward to make and the ingredients are easy and inexpensive
to get. I'm skeptical about the Daifuku cake and Dorayuki, since we'd
have to find and prepare the right kind of beans for each, which has
potential for going wrong (and, just for the record, chocolate and
marzipan both come from a kind of bean, so it's really not that
strange to make sweets out of beans!).

I suggest that we make Sata Andagi (http://www.recipezaar.com/136457)
instead. I've made them before for Japanese class and they're
incredibly good and sweet, and really easy to make. They're best
served hot, but when we did the project in class, we made them the
night before and they were still full of yummy goodness when they were
cold.

And my mom has agreed to help us cook, which means our kitchen is open
for a cooking extravaganza on Thursday night (or whenever we decide to
make stuff). As far as Friday is concerned, I have classes starting at
12:20, so I can be there in the morning.

Sounds like fun! :D

Hannah